dbt Project Naming Conventions (recommended approach)Mar 08, 2023
Don't let your project become a mess from lazy naming.
How you design your dbt directories & name your files will have a huge impact on how successful you are with dbt.
But even though we all understand this, deciding on naming is still always a huge challenge.
Fortunately, dbt has a clear recommendation for how to approach this for those getting starting.
So in today's video, we're going to review the recommended project design while also showing you some specific examples.
What will you learn?
- A commonly recommended dbt project design
- What an example project looks like
- How to name models & schema files to follow the convention
Looking for more? Here are 3 other ways I can help you:
- The Playbook for dbt™ - Learn exactly how to use dbt™ in a modern data workflow with best practices so you can confidently build & automate any project from scratch.
- Consulting - Hire me as a hands-on consultant to help complete your next data project.
- Sponsorship - Promote your product or brand to 5,000+ email subscribers and/or 18k+ YouTube subscribers.
Level-up your abilities as a Data Engineer, faster.
Learn new data engineering tips, tricks and best practices every Wednesday.